One of the hot topics in the CPA community these days is succession planning. Over the next 10 years a significant majority of firms plan to devise a succession plan or execute one. In many cases the largest ownership interest a CPA has is their accounting firm. At times practices are sold where the CPA may be completely unaware of the firm’s potential market value and ideal deal structure from a seller’s perspective. By not having a solid understanding of the market and options available it can impact one’s retirement situation adversely. This webinar is designed to give the CPA community a good knowledge of what it takes to execute a successful succession plan. This session will provide you a broad overview of some tips that will be helpful, identify opportunities in succession planning, and gain an understanding of what other firms are facing.
· Identifying where you are in the process. Review of the BERI (Business Exit Readiness Index) and where you fit.
· How to value a CPA firm for sale.
· What’s involved in selecting a successor.
· Review of the various exit paths from internal succession to mergers and acquisitions.
· What are some of the common mistakes and how do you avoid them.
· Identifying the agreements to have in place for your succession planning.
· The transition process and how to manage it effectively.
· In what ways can you enhance the value of your business prior to succession.
· Analyzing the Value Gap.
· What are some of the key considerations other firms are facing during the succession planning process.
Georgia Society of CPA's
Number of Hours:
Group Internet Based
Number Of Days:
Early Cut Off Date:
Online Group Internet Based ,