This comprehensive course covers key tax issues for completing complicated individual returns, including in-depth coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current. Speakers are all practicing preparers who share practical tips to help you get ready for this tax season. We will discuss:
• SECURE Act changed many aspects of retirement decisions and planning with the elimination of several long-used tools such as the stretch-out distribution rules. A comprehensive update of retirement post SECURE Act changes.
• The Tax Extender and Disaster Relief Act passed late in 2019 contain more than the name implies. What was the act about and how will it affect my client.
• Section 199A’s QBI deduction – IRS keeps moving our understanding of this complicated Code Sec. Updated discussion on Safe Harbor provisions, aggregation rules and new rulings from IRS
• Expanding the discussion on Social Security and Medicare helpful planning tips and tools to assist clients with Medicare and Social Security decisions by planning before the ages of 62-67.
• Complying with the Data Security Rules as required by IRS.
• Qualified Opportunity Zones, final regulations and how is the QOZ election made on the tax return
• Non-employee compensation and new Form 1099-NEC.
• The intersection of excess business losses, NOL’s and the QBI deduction
• Tax challenges facing special industries including shared economy businesses and marijuana dispensaries
• What will the IRS look like after the implementation of the – Taxpayer’s First Act plus the additional modifications made by other recent acts.
• Luxury automobile depreciation amounts - safe harbors planning with the larger depreciation deductions post TCJA.
Number of Hours:
Knowledge of Tax Law Regulations
Group Internet Based
Number Of Days:
Early Cut Off Date:
Online Group Internet Based ,
CPA (16), EA (16), CFP (16), Maryland Preparer (16), AFSP (16)
NASBA, IRS, CFP Board, State of Maryland