Income tax preparer
Collegial office of a Niche accounting firm in Washington, DC is in need of an experienced tax accountant. Roberts and Associates, CPA is a firm that specializes in tax preparation for U.S. non-residents and individuals with various foreign tax reporting requirements. We are looking for an individual with 3 to 5 years of public accounting experience, good communication skills and a strong tax background with the use of ProSystems tax software a must.
- Preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, S-corporation and trust tax returns. Including experience with forms 1040NR, 2555, 1116, 8938, 3520 and FBAR submission
- Preparation and organization of tax working papers
- Preparation of trial balances and form 990 for non-profit clients.
- Communicating and corresponding with clients on a daily basis
- Prepare tax returns and communicate with clients with regard to FIRPTA filing requirements
- Preparation of local tax returns for DC, MD and VA
Qualifications of the preferred applicant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting
- CPA or EA is preferred
- Proficiency in ProSystems is critical.
- Possess a high level of analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often stressful environment
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send all resumes to Jerome.firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 202-293-1088.