The Montgomery College, Takoma Park/ Silver Spring Campus, and Germantown campuses are currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Accounting. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate engagingly in a virtual environment.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach courses in Accounting, mentoring and advising students, and participating in department and college affairs. Engage in ongoing professional development (e.g., seminars and conferences) to stay current with cutting-edge pedagogies and methodologies.
Adjunct instructors may be used to cover part-time, temporary, and/or substitute openings in the department. Assignments can vary in duration and are not guaranteed. Courses may be offered at any of our campuses as needed. Duties for Accounting adjuncts include:
Providing effective classroom instruction using Open Education Resources, methods, and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
- Comply with all university and college policies, including those in the Faculty Handbook and Online Faculty Expectations.
- Primarily responsible for the instruction, supervision and evaluation of students in the course as well as course assessments for the department.
- Implement the syllabi as designed for the course.
- Teach class in a professional manner, teaching the material that is present in the syllabus and course platform.
- Post in a prominent place your student office hours schedule for each quarter. Be present during student office hours. Office hours are for the primary purpose of communicating with students regarding the courses you are teaching and academic advising.
- Appropriately maintain all necessary records for each course taught.
- Attend scheduled meetings and events as appropriate and as requested by the coordinator or department chair.
Cultivate in oneself and others an attitude of helpfulness, personal commitment to building relationships, and managing to the best solution.
- Master’s degree in either Accounting or Business is required. A CPA or equivalent licensure is required (CMA).
- Must be willing and able to pass training certifications for Structured Remote Teaching (teleconferencing using Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra), Distance Learning online classroom instruction, and regular classroom teaching as needed
- Commitment to diversity. All applicants must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, cultural, disability, ethnic gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff. The applicant must be able to demonstrate how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Three (3) or more years of teaching experience.
- Five (5) or more years of full-time corporate work experience.
- Distance Learning and face to face teaching experience
- Doctorate in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Online applications must be received by January 15th, 2021.
- For consideration, you must
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.