Pritchett Controls, a successful employee-owned Building Automation company, seeks a strategic, organized individual to join our Accounting team. The successful candidate must align with our core values: character, integrity, teamwork, and “can-do” attitude. The Accountant will report to the company president and will be responsible for completing all accounting and bookkeeping tasks as assigned, with guidance from the Vice President of Finance and Director of Finance. This is the perfect opportunity for a recent graduate or someone just beginning in the Accounting industry – we will train! CPA license fees and other training costs will be covered for the right candidate.
This position is available in our Beltsville, MD Office.
· Assisting with general accounting operations, and coordinating all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
· Analyzing and preparing job cost construction accounting.
· Preparing tax schedules, corporate income tax, year-end IRS forms, tax returns, and managing all tax planning and compliance with required federal, state, local, payroll, property, sales and other applicable taxes.
· Analyzing and preparing of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
· Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies.
Other Accounting Duties:
· Working and meeting with the yearly valuation company for the company ESOP and preparing financial statements and other documents for the valuation.
· Overseeing the external audit of financial statements and managing the end-to-end audit process.
· Managing relationships with medical and business insurance providers and ensuring compliance with reporting requirements, renewals, etc.
· Managing cash flow and assisting senior management in financial planning and results management.
· Maintaining a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting, keeping current with associated licenses and training.
· Other accounting/finance duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Ability to pass employment drug screening and criminal background check.
· Proficiency in reviewing and identifying inconsistencies in large amounts of data.
· Experience in using accounting software such as ComputerEase/Deltek, or any similar accounting software.
· Fully proficient computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional organization and time management skills, with acute attention to detail, consistency, and a high degree of quality in work.
· A polished, professional demeanor and the ability to interface with customers and internal personnel with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
· Conducting oneself with the highest level of business integrity while keeping sensitive business information in the strictest of confidence.
Please respond to Chris Walsh at email@example.com or 301-470-7300